As the snow melts, so do the gamers rouse from their winter hibernation. Break out the meeples and percentile dice. It’s time for the springtime Green Mountain Game Day and this time it will be even more special! It’s a DESTINATION game day! At Lake Morey Resort: That’s right, the former home of Carnage!
Green Mountain Gamers is amping it up a bit for our Spring Meltdown. We are modeling a mega game day after Unity Games and hosting a 15 HOUR game day!
When and Where
Date and Time: April 8th, 2017, 9:00am to midnight. GMG annual meeting will be held at 8:30am.
Location: Terrace Ballroom, Lake Morey Resort, Fairlee VT – hotel rooms available for overnight stays. Lodging info at bottom of this page.
Costs: Coffee, tea and water are included with your registration
- $10 per adult
- Youth – ages 13 to 21 – $5 per youth
- Kids 12 & under are free
- Family Pricing: 2 adults plus up to 4 kids/youth will never pay more than $25
Pay At The Door prices:
- $15 per adult
- Youth – ages 13 to 21 – $8 per youth
- Kids 12 & under free
- Family pricing: 2 adults plus up to 4 kids/youth will never pay more than $35
How to Pre-register – 3 ways – deadline to pre-register is March 29th, 2017:
1. Snail mail – send a check made out to Green Mountains Gamers with a note that includes the name(s) and town(s) where from of who you are pre-registering to: Green Mountain Gamers, c/o Bethany Creaser, 416 Caswell Ave, Derby Line, VT 05830. Again, please include a note with the names and towns of the people you are pre-registering.
2. Pay online via paypal– PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
· Go to paypal.me/GreenMountainGamers
· Enter amount you are paying (see pricing for pre-registration above) – DO NOT CHECK THE ‘PAYING FOR GOODS & SERVICES’ BOX!! – click next. To help keep costs low, we want to avoid paying paypal fees. Checking the ‘paying for goods & services’ box will incur a fee for us. So, please do not check the ‘paying for goods and services’ box.
· Login to your PayPal account, input how much to pay, and select how you wish to pay. Click ‘Send Money Now’. You should receive a confirmation from PayPal that the payment was sent. Please be sure to do the next step:
· AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED, EMAIL GREEN MOUNTAIN GAMERS WITH THE NAME(S) AND TOWN(S) WHERE FROM OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE PRE-REGISTERING. It is important you do this. When paying with PayPal, we get confirmation of a payment and who paid but not who you are pre-registering for! Click here to email Green Mountain Gamers. When we receive your email, you will get a reply stating all info has been received and you are pre-registered for the Mega Spring Meltdown. Again, after payment has been submitted email Green Mountain Gamers with the name(s) and town(s) where from of the people you are pre-registering.
3. Submit payment directly to GMG Officer – if you regularly see one of the GMG officers, pre-register with him or her. If you see Robert ‘The Dutchman’ Dijkman Dulkes, Alex Clay, Chuck Burkins, Carlo Gozzi, or Bethany Creaser, let them know you wish to pre-register.
Looking ahead to 2018? The Mega Meltdown will take place on April 7, 2018.
Everyone who attends the Mega Spring Meltdown will receive one ticket to win one of our door prizes. The door prize drawing will take place in the late afternoon. Prizes are:
- Plush meeple – 2 winners
- Cthluhu plush
- GMG prize pack – GMG pint glass, GMG sticker, & GMG window cling – 2 winners
Green Mountain Gamers Annual Meeting
The third annual GMG annual meeting will take place on April 8, 2017 beginning at 8:30am in the Card Room. Anyone who attended the Mega Meltdown in 2016 is a current member of Green Mountain Gamers and can vote at and attend the annual meeting. There will be a brief discussion about the previous year followed by voting for officers. Current GMG officers are: Robert Dijkman Dulkes, President; Alex Clay, Vice President; Bethany Creaser, Treasurer; Chuck Burkins, Secretary; Carlo Gozzi, Auditor. We will post an agenda for the meeting as the day approaches.
Green Mountain Tabletop Gamers Inc.
By registering to attend the Mega Meltdown, you will now automatically become a member of Green Mountain Tabletop Gamers, Inc. What does this mean? Check out our Q&A page to answer your questions.
If you do not want to become a member of GMTG but still want to attend the Mega Meltdown, after registering to attend, please send us a message to let us know.
Games to Play
Open play is the name of the game at Green Mountain Game Days. A huge pile of games materialize as people arrive. Then everyone gets to either push their favorite or try something that sounds interesting as it hits the table.
Typically, our game days attract board gamers but we’d love to see other tabletop games at the Spring Meltdown. If you are a GM and would like to run an RPG or minis session, please contact us. We do realize that minis and RPG’s are not well suited to open gaming but we will post your game info on our webpage to help you attract players. In 2015, we had several RPG’s offered and some GM’s struggled to find players. We’re open to suggestions on how to improve upon that.
You can also participate in the official forum conversation.
For any of the scheduled games, there will be no sign up. They will be handled on a first come, first play basis.
Want to run some games. Let us know and we’ll add your game to our list of scheduled games. We will typically host a couple of tournaments. In 2016, we hosted a Warmachine and X-Wing tournament.
Play to Win
For the Mega Meltdown 2017, we will plan to offer a Play to Win Section. In 2016 we had 37 games in our Play to Win section!
What is Play to Win? It’s easy! We will have a special table of games where the games on that table will be part of the Play to Win. All you have to do to win any of the games is play them. Yup. That easy. After you play the game, write your name and contact info on a piece of paper and deposit your entry into the receptacle assigned to the game you played. Play the game once. Enter your name once. Play the game twice, enter your name again. Each time you play, enter your name. You do not need to be present to win. We will draw the Play to Win winners at 7pm. We ask that you please do not start any new Play to Win games after 6pm.
Black Moon Games of Lebanon, NH will be onsite for you gaming purchases. Feel free to contact them prior to the game day to request they bring specific items for you.
Whichever way you’re coming from, you’re probably going to wind up taking Interstate 91 to Fairlee. Take I-91 exit 15. If traveling Northbound, turn left. If traveling Southbound turn right. Then take the first road on the right. You will see the Lake Morey Resort ahead on the left.
There is plenty of parking at the Lake Morey Resort.
Food and Drink
Coffee, tea, and water are included with your admission. This will be available in the morning and last until it runs out.
The Lake Morey Resort will offer food sales from 11AM to 7:30PM in the Lakeside Dining Room. In 2015, they offered concession sales from late morning to late afternoon. In the evening, they did open the bar and changed over to a pub menu (cooked to order food).
In the town of Fairlee, food is available at Wing’s Supermarket deli, Leda’s Pizza, the Fairlee Diner (for breakfast and lunch only), 5 Oh! Pizzeria, and Subway. Drive a few minutes over the CT river to Orford, NH to Peyton’s Place. Head north 5 minutes on I-91 one exit to Bradford. Right off the exit is The Hungry Bear. If you turn left at the traffic lights and drive into downtown Bradford, you will find the Colatina Exit and Chan’s House Chinese restaurant. Or cross the Connecticut River and head south on route 10 to Lyme, NH to Stella’s.
Lodging is available at the Lake Morey Resort. To make a reservation, call 1-800-423-1211 or 802-333-4311 A credit card is required to confirm your room reservation. The resort accepts personal checks and credit cards. Check in time 3:00pm and check out is 11:00am.
Room rates – call the hotel to let them know you are with Green Mountain Gamers and you will get the GMG room rate. The per night rates are:
1 or 2 People – $96.00 3 People – $106.00 4 People – $116.00
The GMG block is being held until March 9th. As of the end of January, no other event is happening at the resort the same weekend as the Mega Meltdown so rooms at the GMG rate are likely to be available after March 9th, so, if you aren’t sure if you wish to reserve a room until later in March, the chances of getting the GMG rate sound good.