• Profile picture of Bob Menzel
  • Profile picture of Chuck Burkins
  • Profile picture of sheeplord
  • Profile picture of Rodney Sheldon
  • Profile picture of Matt Taylor
  • Profile picture of Bethany Creaser

Green Mountain Gamers

Public Group active 2 months, 3 weeks ago

A group for general conversation about Vermont, gaming and whatever else comes to mind.

Game 'n Grill games?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bethany Creaser Bethany Creaser 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oliver Dienz
    Oliver Dienz
    Participant

Hello fellow Gamers!

With the next Gameday fast approaching, I was wondering how matching players and games will be organized. Will there be some prearrangements or is everything decided that day? I am asking because I am happy to bring a bunch of my games but I usually prefer to fresh up on the rules beforehand. It would also be good to have an idea what people would like to play as even my modest collection won’t fit in my car. 🙂 Anyway, here is a link to my BGG-collection: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/odie73?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

Since I have been out of gaming for quite a while my collection leans more heavily into the “classic” stuff. Roads & Boats, Die Macher, Java, Power Grid would be potential candidates for some “heavier” gaming but I am happy to supply whatever is requested. Not much in my collection with respect to the newest “hotness” but the ‘Great Western Trail’ should arrive in time and will likely make the trip with me. Besides those, I am always happy to try a new game. My taste is rather varied, I think, but such a Gameday would be a good opportunity to play some longer games that I usually do not get on the table. That said, I am always happy to play a game or two of Bohnanza.

I also want to mention that my son Mateo will likely accompany me. He is 11 and a boardgamegeek in training. Would be great if he can find some other teenage group to play with although he does well with adults, too.

Looking forward to see everyone at the Gameday. Oliver

Profile photo of Bethany Creaser
    Bethany Creaser
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver! Most people bring along a small variety of games. Some people ask ahead of time about playing certain games and some just show up and find something to play. A lot of the posting about what people want to play takes place on Facebook in the event listing. GMG has ‘Players’ and ‘GM’ wanted signs to put on a table when you are setting up a game to help people find players or GMs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.